Weymouth and the Local Area
Weymouth and the Isle of Portland have so much to offer for every visitor. From the gently sloping shoreline coming off the beautiful beach which is perfect for families, through to the stunning surrounding countryside which is great for walkers, you will always find something to suit your needs.
The Nothe Fort is a wonderful historic place to visit which is situated at the end of Weymouth beach. The Weymouth Pavilion hosts some wonderful shows, from music to comedy and also family shows, for more information please see our links page. The Sealife centre is a great place for everyone, constantly expanding and adding to its wonderful array of creatures and facilities. Set in the Lodmoor Country Park, it makes a great family day out, with SandWorld and Leisure Ranch, Pirates Miniature Golf, Miniature Railway, and The Front Skate Park.
Weymouth is also home to two tranquil Nature Reserves, one set in the large area of Lodmoor Park, the other just off the town centre, which is an RSPB nature reserve set on Radipole Lake. Whether you come to relax or have a funfilled day, Weymouth has it all.
Just a short walk to:
- Weymouth’s acclaimed sandy beach
- Town Centre and picturesque old harbour, quay & quaint old narrow streets.
- RSPB Nature Reserves – Radipole / Lodmoor
- Nothe Fort
- Sea Life Centre / Lodmoor Country Park
- Town Centre with local quirky shops & cafes and a cinema
- Pavilion Theatre
- Monkey World (as seen on televeision programme “Monkey Business”
- Tank Museum,
- Nothe Castles and Fort,
- Abbotsbury Swannery, Tropical Gardens and Childrens Farm
- World Heritage ‘Jurassic Coast’ walks and views
- ‘(Thomas) Hardy Country’
- Isle of Portland Olympic Sailing academy and picturesque walks